Sunday, January 24, 2016

Haiku Poem and Winter Art

between snowflakes
silence is a symphony
no one else hears


This is what I have in mind as I continue on this blog, hopefully posting more frequently and providing more about materials and techniques and inspiration.

I used a photograph Frank took from our window during the massive snow storm yesterday. Strips of ice were clinging to the screen and everything outside was shadowed and fuzzy from the falling snow.

I used gesso and Distress Paints from Ranger for the background then used a stencil to create bricks around the image with light molding paste tinted with charcoal spray ink.  I stamped a script stamp randomly around the page for a bit more interest.

The haiku on the page was something I wrote last month during an online holiday haiku class with Lorraine Mejia-Green, a fantastic poet and teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I Find Creative Inspiration

The question artists and writers seem to get most often is, "where do you get your ideas? For me I think the issue is an overabunda...