Monday, January 30, 2012

DOODLING

I have just discovered the wonderful process of doodling. Creating a tangle of lines, idly moving the pen across the toothy surface of a painted page, is like meditating. I remove myself from the world and enter the trance and pleasure of my heart and soul. I can see I will be doodling a lot on my art journal pages from now on and adding my poetry to the process. Here is what I wrote on this particular page:



Life unfurls her beauty,
creating a path
for you to follow
if only you will heed her call
to step into the wonder of it all
and create your days as if
in a land where dreams live.
Plant your roots
and ideas will sprout
as you blossom
into your authentic self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I Find Creative Inspiration

The question artists and writers seem to get most often is, "where do you get your ideas? For me I think the issue is an overabunda...